INTRODUCTION TO LIGHTROOM 1-DAY COURSE
Classes are restricted to 4 students
Proof of double-vaccination required
Saturday 14th May2022 10.30am - 5.00pm. Lunch is not included
Lightroom is the perfect introduction to photo sorting and editing. It provides a simple yet powerful way to sort and label your photos digitally, making them quick to access and group even if they were taken years apart. It is also packed with a wide variety of key tools for high-level photo editing and is further designed to simplify the ongoing process through the use of Presets.
As such, it is the perfect starting point for the newcomer.
As with any new software, however, the interface can seem bewildering and the concepts involved in photo editing, when being introduced for the first time, can seem alien.
That’s why I created this 1-day introduction to Lightroom, to strip away any confusion surrounding the software.
(Please note we will take a 30-minute break for lunch but lunch is not included)
I begin by helping you understand quickly and clearly how the overall program works. We then move on to introducing the concepts and using the basic toolsets of file handling and photo editing.
We will import a library of photographs, label and sort them into clear groups and then select a series of images for a ‘photobook’ for printing.
Having selected our photobook images, we then go on to edit them, exploring the variety of tools in Lightroom.
In this way you will know how to manually edit different types of photos completely from scratch.
We also discover how to use presets to speed up future editing as well as how to create our own library of presets to personalise our own editing style and suit your workflow.
You will finish the day with:
- a clear understanding of how Lightroom works and which tools to prioritise;
- knowing how to sort and label your own image library;
- how to edit any image from scratch with a clear understanding of controlling light and colour;
- how to use presets correctly to create a speedier editing workflow, as well as how to create your own for further individualisation.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO THE COURSE?
- Knowledge of how to operate your computer proficiently
- A subscription to the Adobe Photography plan
- A LAPTOP capable of running Lightroom with the program installed
BOOK YOUR COURSE
10.30am-5.00pm Saturday May 14th 2022.
At my home in Richmond Road, Brighton.
Please pay for the course using the link below. You can pay with paypal or any credit/debit card.
Please read the cancellation and refund policy below
Cancellations must be received via email in advance of the event.
The following cancellation charges apply:
- 6+ weeks notice from start date: Full refund
- 4-6 weeks notice from start date: 40% refund
- 0-4 weeks notice from start date: No refund
- Failure to attend from start date: No refund
If you are unable to attend the course someone else may attend in your place at no additional cost.
All requests for substitutions must be received via email at least 24 hours before the course begins with the name, contact email and telephone number for the replacement student.
Courses cannot be deferred to a later date.